We each have a different journey to health. Let’s find yours.
I’m a seasoned naturopathic physician and educator living in Seattle, WA whose passion for health care is driven by a desire to continually learn as medicine evolves.
I began practice in 2002, and my clinical experience has taken me from a rural clinic in Nicaragua to a 12-year private practice in Seattle. After working for a number of years in the translational science department for a Seattle genetic wellness start up (Arivale), I was inspired to take the knowledge I had gained back to clinical practice – which is my passion.
Dr. Wendy Ellis’ Resume (View as PDF )
Have questions about additional conditions or my approach to treatment? Schedule a free meet-and-greet phone consultation and determine if our clinic is the right fit for your needs.
Conditions commonly treated:
- Menstrual irregularities – PMS, PCOS, uterine fibroids, menstrual irregularities
- Menopause management, including Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Men’s health, Testosterone deficiency, Prostate enlargement (BPH)
- Digestive Issues: SIBO, IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, acid reflux
- Insulin Resistance and Diabetes
- Hypertension, Elevated Cholesterol / Triglycerides and Cardiovascular Disease
- Thyroid assessment and Thyroid Disorders (Hypothyroid / Hashimoto’s)
- Autoimmune disorders (MS, Sjogren’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, etc)
- Fatigue and Sleep disturbance / Insomnia
- Allergies, Asthma and Skin issues
Lecturing has been a large part of my career. I’ve given talks – primarily at medical conferences for physicians – on hormone-related issues for men and women, thyroid disorders (including Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), autoimmune disease, osteoporosis, stress and sleep disorders, and digestive complaints. I continue to lecture, both for my medical peers, but also for the general public. The more we understand about the functions of health, the more apt we are to follow through with suggested recommendations. My goal is to help patients better understand their condition(s) to find workable – and attainable – solutions. Treatment may involve lifestyle changes, supplements, medications, or a referral to a specialist if warranted.
My recent work in personalized wellness and precision medicine has allowed me to examine the data of thousands of individuals to get a better understanding of therapies and lifestyle changes that improve health outcomes over time.
Obesity, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and diabetes are major public health concerns–early screening is a very important component of my approach to health care.
I’m excited to bring my clinical experience back into the patient care model and begin to integrate the knowledge I’ve gained through my recent work in research and precision medicine.