I’m a seasoned naturopathic physician and educator living in Seattle, Wash., whose passion for health care is driven by a desire to continually learn as medicine evolves.
I began practice in 2002, and my clinical experience has taken me from a rural clinic in Nicaragua to a 12-year private practice in Seattle. Most recently, I worked as a clinical specialist in the translational science department at Arivale, a scientific wellness company focused on genetics. (www.arivale.com)
Lecturing has been a large part of my career. I’ve given talks – primarily at medical conferences for physicians – on hormone-related issues, including hormone replacement for men and women, thyroid disorders (including Hashimoto’s thyroiditis), autoimmunity, osteoporosis, adrenal dysfunction, and digestive disorders.
I enjoy teaching, whether it be to physician colleagues, student interns, or patients in the office. My goal is to help patients better understand their condition to find workable – and attainable – solutions. Treatment may involve lifestyle changes, supplements, medications, or a referral to a specialist if warranted.
My recent work in personalized wellness and precision medicine has allowed me to examine the data of thousands of individuals over time and get a better understanding of therapies and lifestyle changes that improve health outcomes over the long term. Obesity, cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and diabetes are major public health concerns – and early screening is a very important component of my approach to health care.
I’m excited to bring my clinical experience back into the patient care model and begin to integrate the knowledge I’ve gained through my recent work in research and precision medicine.
We’re all individuals, and we all have a different journey to health. Let’s find yours.
Conditions commonly treated:
- Menstrual irregularities, PMS, PCOS, uterine fibroids
- Menopause symptoms and Hormone Replacement Therapy
- Men’s health, Testosterone deficiency, Prostate enlargement (BPH)
- Digestive Issues: SIBO, IBS, Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Insulin Resistance and Diabetes
- Hypertension, Elevated Cholesterol / Triglycerides and Cardiovascular Disease
- Thyroid assessment and Thyroid Disorders (Hypothyroid / Hashimoto’s)
- Autoimmune disorders (MS, Sjogren’s, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Psoriasis, Eczema, etc)
- Fatigue and Sleep disturbance / Insomnia
- Allergies, Asthma and Skin issues]
*** Have questions about additional conditions we treat or my approach to treatment? Consider a 10 minute “meet and greet” NO CHARGE phone consult to determine if our clinic is the right fit for your needs.